3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2012 8:30 AM by kglad

scaling flash fullscreen but not images

Limon26

Hi...

I set up a flash file at 1024x768, which will be going on a cd.  My client said they didn't like it because it did not go to fullscreen.

What are my options?  If i set the stage to go to fullscreen, the images get pixelated?

Is there a way to get everything to go fullscreen except for the .jpg's? 

Or should I put the flash part into an html document, and have the logo in the header then it will not stretch?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: scaling flash fullscreen but not images
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you can allow fullscreen and enable smoothing for your bitmaps so they don't pixelate or you can convert your bitmaps to movieclips, allow fullscreen and resize those bitmap movieclips when changing screen size so the remain at their original resolution.  you'll probably be happier with the former.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: scaling flash fullscreen but not images
            Limon26 Level 1

thanks, so you think enabling smoothing on bitmaps would be the best way?  can you point me in the right direction for smoothing on bitmaps, i've never done that?  Does that keep my logo at the original size so it doesn't scale?

• 3. Re: scaling flash fullscreen but not images
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

smoothing just prevents pixelation.  it doesn't prevent resizing.

you should try it first to see how it looks.  in your library, right click one of the bitmaps that looks pixelated when fullscreen, click properties, tick "allow smoothing" and click ok.  then retest.   if that does what you want, do the same for your other pixelated bitmaps.

1 person found this helpful