2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2008 1:24 PM by Justanynickname

3ds max, havok & director (shaders & physics)

Justanynickname
      Hi all,

I'm creating a simple game in director using 3ds max to create my 3d enviroment/scene. I am not extremely fluent with director, but i would like to think i have a basic grasp of its work flow, i have recently been introduced to Havok inside Director and am using it for said game!

So without further ado, let me explain some issues:

1. Exporting my scene gives me an extreme loss in quality, is there some way to set up shaders or material properties inside director? If so, how?

2. One of the materials would be illuminated, which i am guessing would also be a shader!

3. Setting up physics, would i be better to define each object in the reactor in 3ds max, or just do it all in havok?

4. Is it possible to have geometry that has no collision until another object interacts with it?
      (For example, a bridge with some missing planks - if i made the plank invisble and no collision, so the player would fall throguh it. But then if the player placed a specific object/box to the invisible plank could director then make it appear and have collision?)

Thats the main issues i have, if anyone could help me answer them or point me int he right direction i would really appreciate it.

Thank you prior