4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2012 4:31 PM by conroy

Restore Cropped Pixels CS6

Hudechrome Level 2

How?

• 1. Re: Restore Cropped Pixels CS6
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Assuming you didn't have the [  ] Delete Cropped Pixels setting checked, just run the crop tool and make the crop bigger again.

Also you can do Image - Reveal All.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Restore Cropped Pixels CS6
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Or use the History panel to go back to a point before you cropped it.

....unless you had it set to delete hiden pixels and have closed the image since then?

• 3. Re: Restore Cropped Pixels CS6
              Hudechrome Level 2

I  knew there had to be a way of recovering it even after crop and save if it was truly non-destructive. Another clue is that when you crop with delete pixels unchecked, Background changes to Layer0. So I was looking around Smart Object for the answer.

Good! I can save disk space by not having cropped and uncropped versions. It would be nice to have multiple crops to choose as well so that I could do several crop versions and then select the one I want to use, all on the same file.

That goes to the wish list, I suppose.

Thanks, Trevor and Noel.

• 4. Re: Restore Cropped Pixels CS6
                conroy Level 5

Hudechrome wrote:

It would be nice to have multiple crops to choose as well so that I could do several crop versions and then select the one I want to use, all on the same file.

In the document, you can save several rectangular paths which represent the crops. When you want one of the crops:

1. Target the path in the Paths panel.

2. Click the "Load path as a selection" button at the bottom of the panel.

3. Press C to activate the Crop Tool which, in CS6, is automatically snapped to the rectangular selection.

You could record steps 2 and 3 as an Action and assign a Fn key for future use.