0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2012 11:47 PM by KUNNOM

PP CS6 on Retina Macbook conflicts with YouTube/Pandora

KUNNOM Level 1

I bought my Retina Macbook recently, and the first thing I did was to install Premiere Pro CS6 on it. I did the hack - inserted GeForce GT 650M to the list - and enabled the Mercury Playback Engine.

Ever since then, I've been having all sorts of problems, but the most annoying problem is that in the midst of editing, somehow Program Monitor would either freeze or black-out.

I seriously tried every possible ways I could do to resolve this as an average user. I tried resetting the preferences, switching the drives, turning the machine on & off, and all the magic joojoos. None of them worked, until I found out the problem starts to happen as I open other applications along with the Premiere Pro opened.

I began to wonder, does the graphic card or Premiere Pro CS6 conflict with any programs I have opened? So I tested it out.

I found out that while having CS6 and Safari (or any kinds of web-browsing programs) on, the "crashes" occur very often. I also found out it typically happens when I turn on Pandora and YouTube.

The moment I shut off the Pandora tab, YouTube tab, or even websites with any kinds of visual or audio media turned on, the freezing or black-out situation on the Program Monitor immediately stops. If turning off the tabs doesn't work, then quitting the program entirely solves the problem.

From what I've tested, it's for sure to say Flash or Video Playback on webpages conflicts with GT650M card. It's certainly not the software problem, because when Software Only mode is turned on, all the images come back on the Project Monitor. I mean, what kind of weird conflict is this?

Can anyone else with a Retina MacBook confirm this?

In case if Anyone is wondering, this is the setup I've used.

Retina Display Macbook Pro

16GB Ram option

256GB SSD option

NVidia GT650M 1GB VRAM

Video files in the SSD