Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF to FLV converter

Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doing a 90 second piece of animation with music, sfx and lip-sync in CS4 on a iMac. When I test it as a swf file, it's perfect. In order to create a FLV file, I have to export it as a QT movie, then convert it. The QT movie is crap. It drops scenes and leaves residue images between scenes and some of the backgrounds are semi transparent or not there. I've tried it with different compressions, and some are better than others, but generally they suck. Is there a good converter that will take a SWF file and convert it to a FLV file? Why you can't export a FLV file in Flash CS4 is beyond me. Any info or ideas on a converter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't export to flv directly from Flash, in any version. For the best quality, you want to export your movie as an uncompressed quicktime video and then create the flv file using another application. If your movie won't export correctly as quicktime then you may need to resort to recording the screen playback of your swf file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In QT incompressed it's terrible. Isn't there a 3rd party program that can convert a SWF file to FLV?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None that I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob, But, why on earth doesn't Flash export their own format file? Why convert it to a QT movie and use that in their converter to make a FLV file.

My file is only 480 X 303 pixels in size, and converting to QT it's all of the above problems. Have you any suggestions as to how I can get the QT export to actually copy the SWF file in quality and sync? Fill me in on "recording the screen playback".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting to video can be problematic. Flash only likes to export animation on the timeline. It has a problem with exporting animation that is produced using Actionscript. Some works, most doesn't.  You may have more success if you chop up your movie into small chunks and export each smaller movie as a separate QT movie. Then you can piece them back together in a video editor app.

You may be able to record the playback of your Flash swf using a third party screen recorder application. There are many available for either Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash can only export a limited subset of an swf. Anything created on the timeline will usually work, most actionscript animation will not. The complexity of the animation will also impact the success of the export. I have had to cut up a flash movie into smaller chunks and export each chunk separately. Then I pieced the movie back together in a video editor to get the final product.

You may be able to record your movie's playback using a screen recorder application. There are many available for Mac and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because if overlapping music, sfx and VO's, it's really tough to break it down into smaller units. I might as well go back to film animation and lay in all the tracks separately. I have found numerous SWF to FLV converters on the Internet. I'm going to research some of them and download trials and test them. Because the SWF file played everything perfectly, it just makes sense to go that route. I'll let you know how it goes if you want. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, videos exported from Flash directly do suck no matter what the output settings are. So, I always use the third-pary tool SWF converter Mac to convert my SWF files to MOV videos so that I can import them into iMoive.

I've had this tool for nearly 9 months, it works good till now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dwight, I downloaded it and it works like a charm! Is there any difference between the free version and the paid version? It doesn't specify that the free version is a trial version or what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A watermark will be left on the output if the software is not registered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was able to convert swf to flv using on2flix pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2012 Oct 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried After Effects.  First frame turns into a 50% opaque still over the whole video on render.  Audio doesn't come through either.  File is fine in Premiere but no audio.  [edited]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried a very professional SWF Converter. The nice SWF Converter has both Mac and Windows version. It can help easily convert SWF to FLV. In addition, SWF Converter Mac can help easily convert SWF to popular video and audio formats like convert SWF to MP4, convert SWF to MP3, convert SWF to MOV, convert SWF to WAV, convert SWF to AVI, convert SWF to MPEG and more.

With the powerful SWF Converter for Mac, it is quite easy to freely play SWF files on all Mac OS X systems including Mavericks. The good SWF to MP4 Converter is also a good helper to play SWF files on media players like iTunes, QuickTime, Windows Media Player, VLC, and to play SWF on portable devices like iPad, iPad mini, iPod, iPhone, Android, Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, Microsoft Surface, BlackBerry, Apple TV, Zune, PSP, PS3, Pocket PC, Creative Zen, Xbox, Archos and so on. In addition, SWF to MOV Converter for Mac enables to enjoy SWF files on video editing software like iMovie, Final Cut and more. Furthermore, SWF Converter for Mac can do a wonderful job in burning SWF files to DVD and uploading SWF files to various video sharing sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the need to convert SWF to FLV for uploading my file to YouTube.

After long google search and comparison of the SWF to FLV Converters on the market, i finally find this iDealshare VideoGo is the best one for me to batch convert SWF to FLV which has both Mac and Windows version.

After have a try, i find it can also convert SWF to MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MPG, 3GP video format.

It even can convert video to SWF, really exciting.

Hope it also helps for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a forum, I found the following solution. And it really works well. Now I can easily convert SWF to FLV.

You may also follow this step by step guide to batch convert .swf to .flv on Mac or Windows computer

This guide can not only convert SWF to FLV, but also supports converting SWF to MP4, SWF to AVI, SWF to MOV, SWF to MKV, WMV, ASF, WebM, MXF, DV, RM, MPEG, etc.

It even can extract audio from SWF container and then save the extracted audio files into like convert SWF to MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, AC3, DTS, CAF, AIFF, and FLAC and so on famous audio formats.

In this case, you can enjoy SWF files on almost all kinds of popular players and portable devices like iTunes, QuickTime, Windows Media Player, iPhone, iPod, iPad, Android, Xbox, PlayStation, BlackBerry and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe it's 2015 and I'm still having these problems. I've downloaded just about every SWF to FLV, MOV, MP4 etc converter, and nothing is working. Most of these programs won't even accept my file—not even one from the Apple store. Has anybody figured this out yet? Or shed any light on why nothing will accept my .swf file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's anything like what I'm experiencing, it's probably because your SWFs were created with mostly/all Action Script. The published SWF may not have a timeline, and no convertor that I have tried so far can do anything with it.

Still looking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant use flw video on my page..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recommend this easy and quick software to convert swf to flv (or any other video / audio format). Also, it can convert swf files to mobile devices, which is great in my opinion.

It's fast and the video quality is usually fantastic!

SWF Video Converter - Download the Best & Fastest SWF Converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines