3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2012 10:51 AM by Sillystar922

re-installing...too many pcs...

Sillystar922

Hello all,

I hope this is a quick/easy fix...

I was given PSCS3 five years ago by my now ex-husband as a gift.

It was installed onto our desktop, which then crashed...

Then, I got a Dell laptop in which it was installed on twice since it crashed one time.

I now have a Vaio, the Dell is toast, the power button popped off the side and I cant even get the damn thing to turn on...so...I'm hoping to install CS3 onto the Vaio but I have no way to inactivate CS3 on the Dell...

Now what?! I cannot afford an upgrade, unfortunately But, I miss playing around with CS3 and taking pics of my neices and just having fun with it...

Is there hope?

Thanks in dvance for any/all help!

--Jen

• 1. Re: re-installing...too many pcs...
          Curt Y Level 7

There is nothing the user forum can do about your situation.

Call Adobe tomorrow and explain that you have have 2 computer crashes and would like a reactivation code.  They do this every day so no big deal.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: re-installing...too many pcs...
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Jen,

Welcome to the forum.

There is a limit to the number of Activations per S/N (Serial Number), and that is two Activations. The normal process would be to Deactivate an installation, but if the computer crumps (highly technical computer geek term for - dies), the installation of PS will still show as Activated.

If you call Adobe Customer Support (not Technical Support), have your S/N handy, and explain the situation, they can reset the number of Activations for you.

Note: before about Feb. 2010, Adobe also limited the number of installations too, but I cannot remember what that old limit was. That too, can be reset by C/S.

Good luck, and when I have had to deal with similar issues, C/S was very quick, and extremely helpful.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: re-installing...too many pcs...
              Sillystar922 Level 1

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!

Have a great day