2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 8:44 AM by rwcorgis RSS

making link to external swf stop

rwcorgis

Using flash 8.  Inserted a link to a 2:15 second swf on the internet (get URL xxx.swf) at the beginning of my fla file, it plays fine but when the swf is over, how can I make it go away, in order to continue on with my presentation? 

• 1. Re: making link to external swf stop
          Ned Murphy MVP

If you have no control over that external swf there probably is not much you can do outside of opening it in a separate browser window so that the window can be closed and your original page is still showing in its browser window..

• 2. Re: making link to external swf stop
            rwcorgis Community Member

This is an onstage presentation so there are no buttons available, just

letting it play through.  Doesn't sound favorable. Thanks very much for

your help.

Ned Murphy <forums@adobe.com>

To:

rwcorgis <dstamper@jhancock.com>

Date:

07/16/2012 11:22 AM

Subject:

making link to external swf stop

Re: making link to external swf stop

created by Ned Murphy in ActionScript 1 and 2 - View the full discussion

If you have no control over that external swf there probably is not much

you can do outside of opening it in a separate browser window so that the

window can be closed and your original page is still showing in its

browser window..

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not

directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either

reply to this email or visit the message page: [

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4560470#4560470]

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at [

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4560470#4560470]. In the Actions box on

the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in ActionScript 1 and 2 by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications

please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential and legally privileged and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only.  If you are not an intended recipient, please: (1) notify me immediately by replying to this message; (2) do not use, disseminate, distribute or reproduce any part of the message or any attachment; and (3) destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.