3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2015 11:28 AM by DToeJam

CoreFoundation.dll missing reinstall

Daviskw2004

I installed CS6... Some times, but not all the time, I get a error box saying " CoreFoundation.dll missing reinstall program" I have deleted and reinstalled Itunes and Quicktime Pro but i still get the message now and then.

Any ideas what is going on?

• 1. Re: CoreFoundation.dll missing reinstall
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Corefoundation.dll is not provided with Photoshop, and is not relied-upon by any Photoshop components as far as I know.  You have correctly surmised that it's involved with Apple software.

Have you copied any plug-ins from a prior installation of Photoshop?

A quick search of my own Windows 7 x64 system reveals corefoundation.dll in these locations:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\CoreFoundation.dll
          • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\CoreFoundation.dll

Notably neither of these folders in in my path.

-Noel

• 2. Re: CoreFoundation.dll missing reinstall
            Daviskw2004 Level 1

Hi Noel..thanks for the help

I show three versions of coreFoundation.dll in a search

C:\Program Files (x86)Common Files\Apple\Apple Applications Support…1,050KB date 2/20/2012

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit) …849 KB date 5/14/2010

C:\Program Files (x86)Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 …610 KB date 30/2010

I have both CS5 64 bit and 32 bit loaded along with CS6 for now.

I did update some onOne software from cs5 to cs6 but deleted it thinking it may have been the problem.

The only other plug-ins are Imageomic Noiseware and Topaz Labs ReMask 3

Butch

• 3. Re: CoreFoundation.dll missing reinstall
              DToeJam Level 1

Interesting enough I just updated late night and today I got the error.  I can launch PS from LR without getting the error and so I went back looked at the older directory.

In "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014"  I found ONCoreFoundation9.dll and a couple of other ON Files.  These are the ON1 software program I just copied to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015" and everything seems to fine for now.