Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oracle Help cannot be generated . . .

Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the error message, "Oracle Help cannot be generated because the project already contains a file with the name you specified as the start page. Please enter a unique file name for the start page. [OK]"

The Oracle Help Options - Oracle Help dialog box does not have a control for specifying a start page, so I don't know how to comply. The closest thing I see is a Select button for selecting a default topic.

What am I missing?

RoboHelp 8.0.2.208

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

More information:

I recreated the help project but, when I tried to create Oracle Help, that Single-source layout wasn't available. (I wish I had noticed that before I spent most of the day on this effort.)

Then I realized that, perhaps, Oracle Help has been removed from the product since the original project was created in 2002, but the Oracle Help selection was carried forward because it was part of the project. Can anyone confirm whether that is the case? And if so, when was it removed?

Another

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Beverly,

Is this the first time you're generating Oracle help?

If no,

Can you please try and change the directory and then try.

Or create a new layout for Oracle help.

Regards

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have generated Oracle help before but the software developer I’m working with wants the .hs file named something other than the name of the help project. I tried renaming the project to what he wants, but that doesn’t change what is presented as the .hs file name and when I change it to what he wants, I still get the error.

Tried a new layout but still got the error.

Would starting over with a new project (import the .html files) work?

Thanks for your help,

Beverly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information:

I recreated the help project but, when I tried to create Oracle Help, that Single-source layout wasn't available. (I wish I had noticed that before I spent most of the day on this effort.)

Then I realized that, perhaps, Oracle Help has been removed from the product since the original project was created in 2002, but the Oracle Help selection was carried forward because it was part of the project. Can anyone confirm whether that is the case? And if so, when was it removed?

Another possibility is that the version of Java development kit on my computer (jdk1.5.0_07) isn't compatible with RH8. Perhaps an older version of JDK would work better. Can anyone confirm or refute that idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Beverly,

You can add the Single source layout for Oracle.

Regards

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Priyank, that worked. It's too bad the help system doesn't mention that the default list is a subset of all available outputs, or how to add to the list, or what the entire list is. Perhaps you could suggest those additions to your tech writers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kinda already there - http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS797EA214-B661-45ab-914A-0ACBE454B468.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had read that section of help. It was not adequate to point me in the right direction. My suggestion to Priyank stands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just make a comment in the Community Help on the page with your suggestions. That way they'll get to the doc team's attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp