3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2012 10:23 AM by Fuzzy Barsik

Why are my Ae icons different?

John_Michalec

I'm getting these really ugly unofficial icons now for my projects.  I know these icons aren't the right ones, yet they now take place of the original colorful Ae icons I once had.  Is there a way I can get them back to what they were?

Hopefully this picture can explain it pretty clearly.  I am on Windows 7 64 bit, Adobe Production Premium CS6.

CS6 Icon issue.jpg

Thanks,

John

• 1. Re: Why are my Ae icons different?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Any folder view --> File --> Organize --> File associations or Extras --> Folder Options --> File associations.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Why are my Ae icons different?
            John_Michalec Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply Mylenium, but I tried to reset the .aep file in "Set associations" because I couldn't find any "File associations."  I had to do a search in the start menu and it led me to the window I linked as a picture below.Set Associations.jpg

There I changed the program to open as .aep just for the heck of it and nothing changed.  In the detailed picture that I first posted, it could be a bit unclear as to what icon the arrow is pointing at in the middle.  It is the purple icon only and not the folder icon itself.  Sorry if that was unclear.

I was a bit confused following the directions of "Any folder view --> File --> Organize --> File associations or Extras --> Folder Options --> File associations" because once i hit the "Folder Options" I'm not seeing a File Associations option.  Any fix to my icon issue?  It affects my After Effects, Premiere, and Encore icons.

• 3. Re: Why are my Ae icons different?
              Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

See this or that on how to change icons for associated file types in Windows 7 or just do a Google search...