4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2012 10:41 AM by aldjlaidjflaewifjla

.prproj file assosciations

ejwiley

Hi all,

I am having a strange problem with Premiere Pro CS6 project file assosciations. Everything was working fine until I upgraded to version 6.0.1 a few days ago.

Now my Windows 7 laptop does not assosciate .prproj files with Premiere Pro CS6. When I right click on the .prproj files and select "open with" it opens the window but does not offer Premiere Pro as a recommended program, nor does it appear in the "other programs" section. When I choose the "Browse" icon to select the program from a list, selecting Premiere in this window does nothing other than close that window. Premiere is added to neither the "recommended" or "other" programs lists.

Has anybody experienced similar behaviour or know of a fix? I know the workaround is to open Premiere and then select "open a project" but this is in extra step that shouldn't be necessary.

I am running Premiere Pro 6.0.1 on my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7, Intel Core i5-2410M, 8GB RAM and NVidia GT525M graphics card. (Yes, I know this is not an ideal setup... this is not my main workstation, blah blah blah, the point is everything was working fine for me until the upgrade to 6.0.1 )

Thanks is advance for all help!