Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording forced to stop low system resources

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, I hop that you can help.

I'm trying Captivate as a solution for ctreating online tutorials for my clients. This involves on-screen demos along with soem text slides, nothing fancy...

Up until today I'v e been very happy with what I have been able to do. Screen recording has been great. Took a few goes to get the settings that I wanted but very happy.

Yesterday i was able to recrord 10 minutes plus in one hit, perfect, saved it into the project and all was good. Today, having rebooted the machine and actually running fewer other apps, I can't record more than about 1.5 - 2 minutes before Captivate stops recording and creates a slide. I realise that this is likely toi relate to my PC (Windows 7, 9650 Core 2 Quad, 8GB RAM and 2TB HDD).

Oh, and it's Captivate 5.5.

Does anyone havew any suggestions as to where to look and what might cause this?

Cheers

Keith

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all try to clear the cache. This is possible using the Preferences, General.

When you say 'recording' do you mean Full Motion Recording or the more natural Automatic recording, where static slides are created. Captivate is not really meant to do long FMR recordings, which changed in Captivate 6 where there is a new Video demo feature which is capable of that.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lilybiri,

That’s great, thank you. I have downloaded a trial for 6 and been able to record a 10 minute demo with no trouble at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources