2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2006 5:38 AM by thenotorious_flag

Document Download Topic

thenotorious_flag Level 1
      Hello Friends, i have build an Application, where I give option to download files from my website, ok I hav provided alink to the file on my server's directory which is called as downloads, i want the user should able to get that file when he clicks the download button, means he should get the zipped file, ok he tries other means like browing the FTP folder straight away using any ftp manager or straight into the web browser, he should not be able to edit anything. instead get an error.

if anyone can help me thanks
        • 1. Re: Document Download Topic
          boughtonp Level 1
          I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking, but I'll try answering anyway...

1) Move downloads directory outside the webroot.
          2) Create a download script which uses cfcontent to serve the requested file (with the name defined in url scope or cgi.path_info).
          3a) In the download script, add a check for CGI.HTTP_REFERER, and ensure it is the page that the download link is on, else redirect to that page. (will not work for some clients)
          3b) In the download script, add a check for a session variable that is set by the page the download link is on, and redirect if not found.
          3c) In the download script, add a check for an encrypted url variable that expires after a period of time.

Hope that helps.
          • 2. Re: Document Download Topic
            thenotorious_flag Level 1
            I understood what you, first i creare the download file and use cfcontent tag, okay. but where I am providing the link it is staright as

<a href="#url#">Click me</a>

where url contains value="mysite.com/downloads/someothing.zip"

I hope u got that