2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2012 6:29 AM by VESRivard

CUDA Issues with CS6 Mac

VESRivard Level 1

All,

I'm currently having a really big problem with my Mercury Playback Engine and CUDA support.

I'm running 10.6.8 with a GTX285 graphics card.

After a long time getting the card to initially start working with CS6, I came across the current problem. I have to switch CUDA drivers every day. Basically, if the computer is restarted, I have to load the CUDA drivers from NVIDIA back onto the machine.

I've been flip flopping between 4.1.29 and the most current version. I can't seem to find anyone having this problem and the computer is starting to have performance/rendering problems after a week of doing this trick.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ryan

• 1. Re: CUDA Issues with CS6 Mac
          ExactImage Level 3

This sounds like a problem within OSX rather than Premiere Pro.  It's hard to know what the problem is without more information, which I guess you don't really have.

When you go to System Preferences and click on the CUDA button (usually bottom row) what driver version and GPU driver versions does it say?

Have you tried completely uninstaling the drivers from your system and installing them from scratch?

We're runing with a GTX285 and not seeing these problems, so it almost has to be a system configuration problem.

• 2. Re: CUDA Issues with CS6 Mac
            VESRivard Level 1

Currently, my CUDA driver is 4.2.7 (but updating it to 4.2.10 doesn't solve the problem), the GPU Driver version is 1.6.37.0 (256.02.25f01).

I'm running the 10.6.8 OSX on a 2x2.66ghz 6-core Intel Xeon with 16GB Ram. The computer is a MacPro5,1.

At this point, I'm planning on wiping the computer and doing a fresh install of everything.

Thanks for the assist, if you have any other suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Ryan