1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2012 2:58 PM by HeyMikey

font pointing to wrong location

amberhawk

In my document text using Lucida Grande has dissapeared. Upon sleuthing using "Find Font" I've discovered that Lucida Grande is actually pointing to a different font: /Library/Fonts/Stone Sans OS ITC TT. The other font used - Lucida Grande Bold works fine, and using "Find Font" it points to the correct location of /System/Library/Fonts/LucidaGrande.ttc

What is interesting is that the same problem appears on two different machines using two different versions of InDesign. The problem first appeard on my MacBook Pro using InDesign 5 but it also happens on my iMac using InDesign 5.5.

I tired creating a new document on both machines, and the problem follows.

How can I tell InDesign to point Lucida Grande to /System/Library/Fonts/LucidaGrande.ttc?

I tried copying the font to the /Library/Fonts folder, but the Mac OS X complains about duplicate fonts.

• 1. Re: font pointing to wrong location
          HeyMikey Level 3

Hey there,

Lucida Grande is a system font, and should not be moved from the System/Library/Fonts folder. Doing so may render your Mac unbootable. The reason you're getting the duplicate font issue is because Lucida Grande must be present and in use at startup, and copying it into one of the other Fonts folders essentially tries to activate it again. It's probably a good idea not to use Lucida Grande in your design work to avoid potential system problems when packaging/loading the font onto another system.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

-Mikey