• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp search basics

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WSC9A96255-05D4-426c-9CB7-1F0F2CB670E7.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Excluding Unreferenced Topics from Search" option will not exlude topics from the search if the topic is referenced in ANY of the project components in the stated list. This needs to be made clear. The current text has caused some confusion on the RoboHelp product forums. Users have been removing topics from the TOC (but leaving them indexed) and expecting them not to be referenced by their searches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Colum, but how much clearer can it be? It's more of an education issue to me. Folks need to realize that "referenced" means a link from anywhere else in the project. NOT simply the TOC.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to disagree Rick but I think there is room for confusion in the wording. Not from me, but the forum poster certainly did and that is one more than there needs to be. I've reread that section of the help and I can see where they may have got the wrong end of the stick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, there's always room for confusion.

When I look at the topic, it says this:

Excluding unreferenced topics from search

The Exclude Unreferenced Topics From Output option in layout properties ensures that search results are displayed only from topics that are referenced in the following project components:

• TOC
  • Index
  • Browse sequences
  • Default topic
  • CSH map IDs
  • See Also keywords