14 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 11:21 PM by c.pfaffenbichler

CS6 "Ask When Pasting" not working?

Ric Cohn Level 1

I have "Ask When Pasting" checked in Color Settings, but I just realized that images are being converted without asking. Is this a bug in CS6?

If not maybe there is something wrong with my preferences?

I have to rebuild a document because the base image was an FPO in sRGB that I forgot to convert to my CMYK space. Usually I would be asked if I want to convert when I drag a new layer over which would catch my mistake.

I tried resetting the dialog by going to Prefences>General>Reset all warning dialogs, which didn't fix it. Howerver, I'm not sure that the reset in Gereral Preferences also affects the Color Settings preferences.

I also tried closing PS and throwing out Color Settings.csf from my User Preferences. This didn't fix it either. I've never had Color Settings go bad, so I'm not 100% sure this is the right file to remove.

Can anyone confirm that this works correctly with their copy of CS6? I first saw this when my base document was in sRGB and the layer I dragged over was in "Web Coated SWOP 2006 Grade 3 Paper". I just tried it in the opposite direction with the same results.

Photoshop CS6 Extended, Version 13.0 x64. Mac OS10.7.4. 17" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz Quad Core i7, 16GB ram.

Message was edited by: Ric Cohn