1 person found this helpful
I suggest that you do not install directly from the Adobe download page, but use the offline installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player- windows.html#main-pars_header
I used the Adobe Uninstaller to make sure any info was cleaned out.
I rebooted, disabled Norton 360 Auto Anti Virus, went to the link you suggested,
tried the download after setting the security level to medium and making sure the scripts
choice was enabled and when installing on the same link I got the same kind of script error.
It had different 'data' but it was a script error all the same.
Next step ?
You get these script errors when installing, or when using Flash Player?
Can you post a screenshot of these script errors? If that happens on a website, can you post an example URL?
I'm having other problems. I lost Paint a year ago so I can't SHFT+PRINT SCREEN and paste it back.
But the info is :
INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR An error has occured in the script on page
Error : Object expected
This occurs during the PREPARING INSTALLATION PLEASE Wait Screen .It never installs to run
I will locate my XP Pro CD and get MS piant.exe reloaded.
Are you downloading the installer from the URL from that Pat sent?
You need to download it and then double-click. It should not give you a message that, "PREPARING INSTALLATION PLEASE Wait."
Could you please do the following:
In Internet Explorer, click Tools and then Internet Options.
Click Advanced tab, select the following if they are not selected:
Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
Disable script debugging (Other)
Display a notification about every script error
More explicit instructions for the link I posted earlier...
Download the installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player- windows.html#main-pars_header and save it to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer.
That worked. I was trying to load it from thje website directly. Thanks a whole bunch.
The suggestion from Pat Willener worked. I would have tried your suggstion next. Thanks.
Finally Pat Willener's suggestion worked for me.
1. Save the flash uninstall program from adobe on to the hard drive
2. Save third party install program to the hard drive location. For me adobe install program didn't work. Therefore use http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-pr oblems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header
3. I uninstalled gogle crome too. - control panel -- add and remove program.
4. Close all explorer windows. Run uninstall program.
5. Start -> Run the followin to to delete mannually the flash related files and folders
6. Restart the computer.
7. Run install program from the hard drive.