3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 10:37 AM by Steve Grisetti

Removing "Add Text" from slides in slideshow.

Annsbeads Level 1

One of my slides in Premiere Elements 10 slideshow has the words "Add Text" on it and I can't get rid of it.    If I try delete "scene and it's objects" then it deletes the slide but moves the words to the previous slide.      I have tried selecting it but it must have got saved with the words on.     Any suggestions please?

Ann

• 1. Re: Removing "Add Text" from slides in slideshow.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You have a title clip on your timeline.

Go to your project in Timeline view and look on a video track above your slideshow.

Then just select and delete the clip.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Removing "Add Text" from slides in slideshow.
            Annsbeads Level 1

Thanks for quick reply.    I've tried that but it didn't work.     The slide with "Add text" on is in the line with all the stills and video clips.      I had moved it to the end of the slideshow and when I deleted it in Timeline view it deleted the slide but the words were still there on a black background.    Any other suggestions please?   I have re-instated it by closing and saying no to saving changes, because as the slide had disappeared the words didn't show up in Timeline view, only when I clicked on the preview slideshow.  The media (stills and video are on Video 1 line with nothing in Video 2 except titles I have added to some slides.

Ann.

PS   Just updating the above as I have now solved the problem.    I shifted the offending slide and words up to an empty video track, then checked the media panel and deleted some of the titles then I was able to delete the slide.    Still very much a learner with Premiere, I've had it a while but don't often do slideshows so always appreciate any help on the Forum.

• 3. Re: Removing "Add Text" from slides in slideshow.
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you found us helpful, be sure to indicate so on your reply. That's how Adobe knows we're successful here on the forums.

Meantime, have you checked out my free Basic Training tutorials for the program?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0