This seemed different since I'm struggling with the 1st 'click' most of the time not just the completion. It may be a variotion of the same bug though. Everything else is fine and dandy!
Yes that is different. I use a PC so our OS is different as is our hardware. I do not have any problem with that tool in CS6 but I have stoped using CS6 because of other bugs.
very unpredictable behavior from polygonal lasso tool with apple magic mouse and fresh wacom intuos 5 large.
work on imac 27" i5 late 2013 with 32GB RAM and mac pro 2006 with 16GB RAM
- can observe unsteady and unpredictable behavior of the polygonal lasso tool
in 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9 meaning it wont react on my click and "hang"
or suddenly fill the lasso selection as complete, when i just do a simple click.
- can reproduce this behavior with my apple magic mouse over usb, wireless and
more frequently with my wacom intuos 4 and 5 over usb.
- even on my latest imac 2013, newly installed only photoshop cs5 and cs6, i can reproduce much more strange behavior fo this tool ever: the first point/click won't register at all, it feels like the polygonal lasso tool hangs and waits and nothing happens. i click on another tool, click back on poly.lasso and try again. after the second attempt, after seconds of waiting, the third click always fills the selection as completed, although i am not finished with my selection at all
any idea why?
love working with polygonal lasso, although it reacts very unstable and unpredictable since years and versions !!
This is the most annoying bug in Photoshop right now for me. Because it actually stops me from working efficient. The white menus I can live with, just restart photoshop every time. But this actually makes my life difficult. Im working with a lot of architectural illustrations, were the polygonal lasso tool is essential for my work flow. Right now I have to switch to my mouse every time I need to mask anything.
Im on a iMac 27" late 2012. With a Wacom intuos 5 and a Cintiq 22HD.
Please Adobe, fix this bug or report it to Wacom, they seem to think that it isn´t the driver causing this.
Same problem here. New Mac, new Intuos Pro, latest Photoshop, and the stupid $#$%^%$ lasso tool won't work. Installed the plugin which worked for a while but now we're back to a lasso tool that's unusable. Brilliant.
WHEN WILL SOMEONE FIX THIS????????????
I had to format my PC and found out I can only install CC Photoshop now.
The polygon lasso tool was working flawlessly via CS6 Photoshop and now I have some sort of delay between points when clicking fast. (same issue as OP)
Edit: After messing around with it some more I think I've fixed my issue
- Re-installed Cintiq drivers (try re-installing all your tablet drivers if you have one)
- Used the 64-bit version of CC
There is some MASSIVE lag when switching between mouse and the tablet pen but the mouse and lasso lag seemed to have been fixed.
Same problem on Mac OS(beta) 10.10 with Photoshop CC, using the Apple Wireless Mouse.
When using the old Mighty(not wireless) Mouse everything is ok.
Problem has carried over to PS 2014...Still waiting on a fix...
Have had to go back a generation (CC) and use a third party patch - pathetic .
I have the same issue! among a myriad of other things.
WAcom 22HD. Mac osx 10.9.4 CS6.
Adobe has been ZERO help and phone calls are getting me nowhere.
here's a couple of things to try
install the plugin on this page Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS
downgrade your Wacom driver to
Haven't accessed this account for spell.