2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 1:56 AM by chrisdennett42

Help! Captive Runtime application folder disappears after publishing.

chrisdennett42

I'm using windows 7 and flash cs6.

I've successfully created Applications with runtime embedded before, but now with the same source files when I publish it takes ages (as normal), but when it finishes the temp files that were being created dissappear and there's no application folder.

While it's publishing three temp files are created and increase in size, but then dissappear.

I've no idea what is going on, has anyone else experiences this?

Cheers

Chris

• 1. Re: Help! Captive Runtime application folder disappears after publishing.
          chrisdennett42 Level 1

I've done a bit more experimenting and it seems this only happens in directories where I've previously published the captive runtime application. When I choose a completely new location it works again (a directory inside a previously used directory didn't work).  I don't know enough about this sort of stuff to know what's causing the problem.

Has anyone got any ideas?

• 2. Re: Help! Captive Runtime application folder disappears after publishing.
            chrisdennett42 Level 1

This is turning into a bit of a self help therapy session.  Anyway now I've got it working again in any folder.  The only thing I think I'm doing differently is pressing publish from the main publish settings panel rather than pressin publish from the AIR settings panel...

.. Yes I've just checked and if I publish from the publish settings panel all works as it should, but if I press publish in the AIR settings panel it has this weird problem.

Thanks Chris that's helped.

No worries Chris.  By the way do you realise you are talking to yourself.

Don't worry, I don't think anyone has noticed, but perhaps ease up on the coffee.

Phew! Bye

See ya