Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to populate tag_capturedetails field using a datepicker

Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, here is what I am trying to do. I have the online shop layout template -  Individual Product-Large - being used as the page prior to shopping cart used by the customer to finalize the selection of the product. The product is actually a service with a defined start date. I would like to have the customer select a start date using the datepicker (JQUERY UI Widget) that I have succesfully installed on this page.

My question is probably not a very smart one, but how in the world do you get the information chosen on the date picker to populate the tag_capturedetails field.  I have tried all weekend and have searched everywhere, but have not found any reference to this with a working solution. Any help on this would be super appreciated.  Here is my code for the page as described:

<link type="text/css" href="/css/custom-theme/jquery-ui-1.8.21.custom.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Javascript/jquery-ui-1.8.21.custom.min.js"></script>

<h2 style="text-align: left;">

<table>

<tbody>

<tr>

<td rowspan="4" style="background-image: url(http://www.solderlab.com/images/cssimg/blue-gradient.jpg); padding-right: 25px; padding-left: 25px; background-attachment: scroll; padding-top: 10px; text-align: left; vertical-align: top;">

<h4><span style="font-size: 13px;"><span style="font-weight: normal; font-family: arial; font-size: 13px;">{tag_description}</span><span style="font-weight: normal; font-family: arial; font-size: 13px;">{tag_smallimage}</span></span></h4>

</td>

<td style="padding-top: 20px; text-align: center; vertical-align: top;"><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 16px;">{tag_largeimage}</span></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td style="white-space: nowrap;"><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 16px;">Click on an image to expand {tag_poplets}</span> </td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td style="background-image: url(http://www.solderlab.com/gray-gradient.gif); padding-right: 20px; padding-left: 20px; padding-bottom: 10px; text-align: left; vertical-align: top; white-space: nowrap;"><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 16px;"><span style="font-size: 20px; font-family: arial;">Configure your quote or order: </span><br />

<span style="font-size: 20px; font-family: arial;"> Product: {tag_name}</span></span>

<div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 16px;">{tag_custom3} {tag_grouping}</span></div>

<div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 16px;">{tag_custom2} {tag_addtocartinputfield}</span></div>

<div><span name="date" id="details" style="display: none; font-family: arial; font-size: 16px;">{tag_capturedetails, Specify your start date}<br />

</span></div>

<meta charset="utf-8" />

<script>

$(function() {

$( ".selector" ).datepicker({ altField: "#actualDate" });

//getter

var altField = $( ".selector" ).datepicker( "option", "details" );

//setter

$( ".selector" ).datepicker( "option", "details", "#actualDate" );

$( "#datepicker" ).datepicker({

showOn: "button",

buttonImage: "/images/calendar.gif",

buttonImageOnly: true

});

});

</script>

<div class="demo">

<p><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 16px;">STEP 3: Select your test start date:

</span><input type="text" id="datepicker" /></p>

<p><span style="font-size: medium; font-family: arial; color: #ffffff;">{tag_custom1}<br />

</span><span style="font-size: medium; font-family: arial; color: #ffffff;">{tag_custom4}</span></p>

</div>

<div><span style="font-family: arial; font-size: 16px;">{tag_buynow, Go to Cart}</span></div>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<table>

</table>

</h2>

<div style="text-align: center;"><em><br />

</em></div>

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be an issue with the output of the tag_capturedetails tag - please open a support case to have this investigated further. Also, do mention this thread to speed up the investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mihai

Thank you for your reply. I was beginning to think that no-one could answer this one. Am what I am trying to do even possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines