7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2012 2:10 PM by jims46076184

Titler text styles

community help Level 1

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premierepro/cs/using/WS5333A676-7083-4dc3-B348-5D937A0EC013a.h tml

• 1. Re:  Titler text styles
          jims46076184

I have been searching all over the web without a glimpse of any pointer as to if and how it's possible to apply styles and templates to multiple text / title objects on the timeline. I find it very hard to believe it shouldn't, considering much more complicated cross-application update operations are possible today (dynamic link and all). Beautifully import a sequence worth 1000 subtitles from FCP, and then having to adjust them one by one? Posting this here because this is where I'd expect the answer. Thank you.

• 2. Re:  Titler text styles
            Arokki_ Level 1

A really good question, Peter. If you are to find a solution, I'd be happy to hear it. Now I just have to make the first title and then click the "New title based on current title".

• 3. Re:  Titler text styles
              shooternz Level 6

Posting this here because this is where I'd expect the answer. Thank you.

O.K  The answer is you can not apply styles and templates to ...

multiple text / title objects on the timeline

In Premiere Pro.

Is that even possible in FCP...because I doubt it (from my own experiences with creating titles in FCP)  It was not even possible to have multiple fonts in the same graphic.

• 4. Re:  Titler text styles
                jims46076184 Level 1

I don't really care about FCP. In Adobe Encore you can apply all possible property changes of subtitle items to any number of selected items at once. In Premiere, so it appears, you have to make changes to every item individually.

I find it very hard to take that for a fact, as Premiere has been around for like 20 years.

Quite a few FCP users do the subtitles in the program itself (and this is not the place to judge them for it). I have them export to xml that I can bring into Encore, where I can do the positioning and formatting without a problem. I can import the same xml into Premiere, but there they cannot be adjusted. There is a workaround going by way of After Effects and a third party script and successive dynamic linking to Premiere. But you might as well find yourself having created some 50 or a hundred titles in Premiere and the client wants the font 2 points up. So why can't you do it as simple and effectively as in Encore?

• 5. Re:  Titler text styles
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

PP just doean't have any CSS-like functioanlity yet.

I agree it'd be an excellent idea, though.  The ability to create a style sheet, and have selected titles use that style sheet, could save a LOT of man hours when the client suddenly wants to change the font color.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

• 6. Re:  Titler text styles
                    Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Please make a feature request: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

• 7. Re:  Titler text styles
                      jims46076184 Level 1

Will do, thanks. Good to see Adobe team at least takes note of users' issues by actually reading these discussions.

Best,

peter