7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 3:06 PM by kglad

Flash CS6

CristinaB382

I'm creating a Edutainment Game in Flash cs6 for CS5 viewers. I have placed all the buttons, given them instance names and actionscript.

When Published, first page is fine, push button to reach page two, no problems.

However the second page is one giant button ( cursor is in active button/hand mode all over the page). Can't get past this second page.

Tried using the Debugger, but Debugging session won't activate the Flash Player.

Does anyone have any ideas?

• 1. Re: Flash CS6
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

what code executes after your first page?

• 2. Re: Flash CS6
            CristinaB382 Level 1

There are no codes.

First (Title Screen) is fine, the hand/cursor is only active over the buttons.

I push the START button which takes me to screen 2 (CreateAvatars).

On screen 2 instead of the cursor/hand being active over the buttons it is active everywhere on the screen.

• 3. Re: Flash CS6

what's the first page or title screen?  a keyframe?

what's the second page or screen 2?

• 4. Re: Flash CS6
                CristinaB382 Level 1

Thank you for assisting me with this problem.

This is the first basic game prototype, so the screens are just graphics with 2-3 buttons on them.Screen shot 2012-07-24 at 10.58.33 AM.png

Screen shot 2012-07-24 at 10.59.59 AM.png

Screen shot 2012-07-24 at 10.58.56 AM.png

Screen shot 2012-07-24 at 11.00.16 AM.png

I hope these screenshots help. I have to leave and won't be back until about 4pm Central. I'll check back then.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Flash CS6

contrary to what you stated, you do have code that executes after your title screen.

comment out both event listeners in createAvatars and retest.  do you still see the entire stage respond like it's a button.

• 6. Re: Flash CS6
                    CristinaB382 Level 1

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying when you say to Comment out both event listeners. But I did replace both buttons and you are right, only the buttons are active now. Thank you!

It must be frustrating to work with people like myself who only know enough to make a mess of things. I'm glad you could see the problem, because I had gone around in circles for two days!

• 7. Re: Flash CS6

is your problem solved?

if so mark helpful/correct responses.  you marked your own message as correct and that's not what you want.