4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2012 12:26 AM by MSSDedalus

How to package an obfuscated swf ?

MSSDedalus Level 1

I'm not sure how the packager works but it seems to create a new release build and then package it.

Then, how can I package my own swf file after having it obfuscated ? There is no way to just browse for the swf file I want to have included.

Thanks in advance. 

• 1. Re: How to package an obfuscated swf ?
          MSSDedalus Level 1

mmm, may be the trick is just unzip, change the swf and zip again ? 

thinking again, then the signature will become invalid. mmm

• 2. Re: How to package an obfuscated swf ?
            MSSDedalus Level 1

Well, I think I have got the answer, it's pretty easy once you get the info. I really would appreciate some more documentation

The steps I have followed are:

- Download the packaging tool from Adobe Developer center:  http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite.html

- Make sure you can run Java from the command shell. For Windows I had to add the Java path to my system Java path variable

- At the command prompt go to the folder where you have unzipped the tool

- Run

java -jar ucf.jar -package -storetype PKCS12 -keystore selfcertificate.p12 MyExtension.zxp -C "C:\myprojects\MyExtension\bin-debug" .

Note:

- Include final dot ( this includes subfolders)

- bin-debug should contain the obfuscated swf file

- selfcertificate.p12 should be replaced by a valid certificate file

- you will be prompted to input the certificate password

If something is not correct please let me know, I hope it helps somebody

• 3. Re: How to package an obfuscated swf ?
              Nate Beck Adobe Community Professional

I think we have alot of the same issues

We've used SecureSWF in the past with to protect our SWFs.  But it has caused a massive amount of headaches.  Some machines have issues with the munged code, older versions of photoshop (CS5) simply won't run the swf, etc...

If you go that route, be sure to test on LOTS of machines.

• 4. Re: How to package an obfuscated swf ?
                MSSDedalus Level 1

Thanks Nate,

yes, I have noticed that it causes issues, specially if renaming.