13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2012 4:56 PM by Keledole

Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!

JBgirl

I am using windows 7, and canon T31 film camera on the movie recording size is set at 1920 x 1080

I do not know what my settings should be regarding opening a new project, so please don't ask me what settings I am using, I am using whatever opens up on the software.

When i go to "share" which used to be export I guess, i share for other computers.  There is a message of "format of clips you are adding do not match the project settings format. For best results you should use the project presets that match your clips" When I chose, YES to this, i still get a blurry end result.

Please help.  I've got a great camera, great software, don't understand why this ins't working.

• 1. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
          JBgirl Level 1

No one brave enought to answer???

• 2. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have a misunderstanding of what the Adobe Forums are all about. We are volunteers, who give freely of our time, trying to help fellow-users with the various programs. With but few exceptions, no one here works for Adobe. We are unpaid users, who try to provide help. Some of us have other lives, and many are in the video production business, so have clients, and deadlines. Also, a few, like myself, travel extensively, so might be gone for a month at a time. Others might help out on other Adobe forums, so might not be available, 24-7.

Good luck, and I am certain that someone will drop by the thread, with some help and suggestions, though it might take a day, or two.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
              the_wine_snob Level 9

If we cannot ask you what the settings were, that you were using, then it is probable that you chose the wrong one.

What are the full details of those files? Maybe we can reverse-engineer the necessary Project Preset, based on that.

This ARTICLE will also be helpful in detailing file formats and CODEC's, and this ARTICLE will be helpful in what info is useful to helping solve problems.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, is this the same problem, that is outlined in this THREAD?

Asking the same question, multiple times will NOT prompt others to answer more quickly.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
                  JBgirl Level 1

The settings are whatever pops up automatically. I opened a new file; DSLR - 1080p -DSLR - 1080p30 @29.97

• 6. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
                    JBgirl Level 1

Yes, itis the smae problem.

• 7. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
                      Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I agree with Bill. You're getting multiple answers in multiple threads asking the same question. Please don't do that.

I'm going to lock the other thread(s). You can continue your discussion here.

But DO check out my response in your other thread! It explains why you're having problems with that camera's format in that version of the program!

• 8. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
                        John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You say...

I do not know what my settings should be regarding opening a new project, so please don't ask me what settings I am using

AND

No one brave enought to answer???

AND

The settings are whatever pops up automatically

AND

don't understand why this ins't working

I'm sorry... I don't know you, but I am going to say what I've not seen anyone else say

If you are not able to read the help file to find out how to use the program, you may not be cut out to do video editing

You do not get into an automobile with a standard transmission and complain it does not drive well... after saying you do not know how to change gears so you just always drive in the same gear on all roads

For video editing you really need to READ and learn how to use the program

Saying "please don't ask" just is not going to work... for anyone here to help, we MUST ask what you are doing... and YOU must read and learn to help yourself

Different kinds of video require a different project setting to work properly

Do some reading and learn how to change gears... see below

Steve's Basic Training Tutorials http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685

-v10 http://www.amazon.com/Muvipix-com-Guide-Premiere-Elements-Version/dp/1466286377/

FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_faq

TIPS http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_tips

User Guide PDF http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/index.html

Right click PDF link in the upper right corner and select to save to your hard drive for easy searching

• 9. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
                          JBgirl Level 1

I've been using CS# for years now, but my camera is brand new. You're being a real jerk for no reason and it's completely unnecessary. You're being an agreesive persona nd that's not needed.  I suppose in your world no one is allowed to ever be frustrated??? Or unable to know what settigns are or where to read them.  If you want to help people do that, but don;t harass me in the process,or try to publicky humiliate me, or be crude. You were a total waste of time.

• 10. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
                            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

JB, it is very important that you respond completely to our questions if you want us to help you. There is no one-fix-fits-all solution, and we need to know the details of what we're dealing with in order to help you. Reposting the same question again and again without responding to our questions or providing us with specific details makes it very frustrating to help you.

• 11. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

This statement leads me to ask another question:

I've been using CS# for years now, but my camera is brand new.

Are you using Premiere Pro CS ___, or are you using Premiere Elements? Please also let us know which version of PrPro, or PrE you are using.

Though there are some similarities, between the two programs, there are some major differences between them. When it comes to Project Presets, there are major differences, and if you have PrPro CS 5, or later, there are some functions, that might help you get the proper Sequence Preset. That is why I am asking.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 12. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
                                nealeh Level 5

JBgirl wrote:

I do not know what my settings should be regarding opening a new project, so please don't ask me what settings I am using, I am using whatever opens up on the software.

If I recall the default project setting for PRE is DV> Standard. So feeding it 1,920 x 1,080 will cause the blurriness you are complaining about.

720x480 (NTSC Standard Definition) is 345,600 pixels.

1,920 x1,080 (Full HD) is 2,073,600 pixels.

So, by not using the right project setting, PRE has to throw away 1,728,000 pixels - 83% of your captured resolution.

Once in PRE use File> New Project and select the appropriate DSLR project setting depending on the frame rate you have selected in your camera settings (as shown here from the T3i specifications):

1.png

The correct project setting in PRE will be the one below that matches the camera settings listed above (the 1080p24 applies to the 23.976 camera setting).

2.png

Cheers,
                                --
                                Neale
                                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 13. Re: Premiere 10, and Canon rebel 3Ti Blurry!
                                  Keledole Level 1

I have a T3i and have come across something that you may be seeing.  It has nothing to do with PE10 or any editing software but rather the image stabilization on the lens. 

If you are shooting on a tripod and the IS switch is set to ON, the recorded image will be blurry because the lens will be looking for motion to be stabilized.  Because there is no camera motion as it is on a tripod it falsely interprets subject motion as unwanted motion and creates an undesired result.  Setting the IS to OFF "fixes" the problem.

This, of course, is if you are in fact shooting on a tripod.