2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2008 6:54 AM by jiiota

Fireworks CS3 displaying faded images

jiiota
      I'm on Mac 10.5+ using Fireworks CS3. When I view a jpg in Preview (Mac's built in image viewer) it presents a different color than when I open it in Firefox CS3.

Here is a screenshot which shows the same jpg image. On the left is the Fireworks version, and on the right is the Preview version.

I recently ran into this problem when exporting from Illustrator, and the problem was solved in a hidden setting in the export dialog. Does anyone know of a similar hidden setting which tells Fireworks not to wonk the image color?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Fireworks CS3 displaying faded images
          Level 7
          jiiota wrote:

> I recently ran into this problem when exporting from Illustrator, and the
          > problem was solved in a hidden setting in the export dialog. Does anyone know
          > of a similar hidden setting which tells Fireworks not to wonk the image color?

Fireworks has a setting which enables you to check the image in Mac
          gamma color space. Make sure you haven't got it turned on. You'll find
          it in the View menu of the main tool bar.

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Fireworks CS3 displaying faded images
            jiiota Level 1
            Thank you. In the "view" menu was the option "Windows Gamma," which was unchecked. When I checked it the color seemed to snap into place. I'm not sure the implications of this or whether I need to worry about it as regards my image exports, but as far as I can tell this solves my problem. Thanks!