2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2012 8:29 PM by gberzins

UNKOWN RECORDER ERROR

PapaJo76

When I catpure HD with PPro CS 5.5 I get an "unknown recorder error"  I set up the specifications like normal and the program recognizes my camera.  I can start the capturing process and it seems to be capturing fine.  When it is all done or I end it myself that's when an "unknown recorder error" pops up and my capturing is all for not. Please help me I need to be able to capture in HD on my laptop.  I am running a Macbook Pro OS X version 10.7.4  with a 2.4 intel core i7.  My camera is a Sony HDV Handycam HDR-FX7  connecting them with a firewire cable.

• 1. Re: UNKOWN RECORDER ERROR
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

I have the same camera, editing on PC. Go into camera menu settings and look for "VCR" and you should have options of AUTO, DV, and HDV. Set to HDV. Power camera off, then on again. Possible that Mac is seeing the Firewire device as a DV camera and not HDV, in which case you WILL have device control, but a black picture. Hope this helps

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

• 2. Re: UNKOWN RECORDER ERROR
            gberzins

I'm having the same issue trying to capture HDV tape in CS6. I just upgraded from CS5.5 and I also tried the same camcorder with an older version of Premier Pro CS4 and it worked fine so its a settings issue in CS6. Just don't know which one.

So to be clear I'm using a Canon HV20 with firewire output to CS6. CS6 is running under Mac OS X 10.6.8. Using the Capture window I have set everything to HDV control and I have full control of the camcorder via the Capture window buttons. I can fast forward, reverse, pause etc. It just won't record the captured footage. I get an "unknown recorder error". I have restarted the camcorder with the software on, restarted the software with the camcorder on to no avail. Again it works fine on CS4 so I know its not the camcorder.

Any thoughts?

Gerald