3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2012 5:05 AM by swarup83

How to add javascripts to my InDesign Server Java web app?

RobertHeine

I wrote a simple Java (1.5)-based web app (deployed on a Tomcat-6-server), which communicates with an InDesign server using CORBA.

After I managed to add job options (stored in separate files within the filesystem), I'd like to do the same for Javascript files, which already work fine in the InDesign client. Unluckily I was unable to identify how to "hook" the scripts into my CORBA application, just like I did with job options.

Unfortunately, the official docs do not tell me how to do this. Can anyone offer help?

Regs

Rob

• 1. Re: How to add javascripts to my InDesign Server Java web app?
          swarup83

If you are trying to run a script from java using CORBA, you can use the doScript(...) method exposed on the Application object of CORBA.

Thanks

Swarup

• 2. Re: How to add javascripts to my InDesign Server Java web app?
            RobertHeine Level 1

Hi swarup83,

many thanks for hinting to the correct method, unluckily I suffer the next problem, there seems to be no javadoc on

what I have to stick into it. Can you provide a simple example?

Regs

Rob

• 3. Re: How to add javascripts to my InDesign Server Java web app?
              swarup83 Level 1

String scriptPath = "your_script_file_path"

VariableType file = VariableTypeUtils.createFile(scriptPath);

// ScriptLanguage.APPLESCRIPT_LANGUAGE - 1095978087

// ScriptLanguage.JAVASCRIPT - 1246973031

// ScriptLanguage.UNKNOWN - 1433299822

OptScriptLanguageEnum scriptType = OptArg.makeScriptLanguageEnum(1246973031);

// add values if you want to send arguments to the script

VariableType[] params = new VariableType[1];

params[0] = VariableTypeUtils.createBoolean(true);

OptVariableTypeSeq args = OptArg.makeVariableTypeSeq(params);

// this is for no arguments

OptVariableTypeSeq args = OptArg.noVariableTypeSeq();

OptUndoModesEnum undoModes = OptArg.noUndoModesEnum();

OptString undoName = OptArg.noString();

VariableType vt = gApp.doScript(file, scriptType, args, undoModes, undoName);

No idea if this will work in the first go.

Thanks

Swarup

1 person found this helpful