1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 27, 2012 12:13 AM by Peter Grainge

Order of search results

rhconner

My organization uses Robohelp 8 for our online policy and procedure documentation. When we use the search feature, our results come back with the MOST relevant search term at the BOTTOM of the result list, and the LEAST relevant search term at the TOP of the list. This confounds and confuses our users since nothing else in the universe works this way. Is there a way to make the most relevant search results display at the top of the list?

• 1. Re: Order of search results
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

I can't imagine what is happening as there is no setting to change the order either way. As this is your first post, I guess we can rule out having made changes to any of RoboHelp's internal files to fix a problem.

First I would create a new layout by right clicking in the SSL pod. Create a new one, not a duplicate. That should generate to a new folder.

If that fails, check one of the supplied sample projects to see if that behaves in the same way. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

It that fails, I would put RoboHelp on a different machine in trial mode.

Let us know how you get on.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge