5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2012 7:50 AM by RobCassMac001

I cannot install Premier Elements 10 on a Mac.

cablvr

Once Elements Organizer is installed & opened, the window is 75% off screen and I cannot "pull" it down to navigate. Adobe Support (on chat) had me uninstall, change date on the Mac to 11/01/2011, reinstall software - but still was unable to view complete window. Any thoughts on how to get the window into full view?

• 1. Re: I cannot install Premier Elements 10 on a Mac.
          dave_m_k Adobe Employee

Moving from Acrobat Installation & Update Issues forum to Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: I cannot install Premier Elements 10 on a Mac.
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The title of the thread implies you're having trouble installing the program. But your question seems to be about how the program displays. I assume you're not really having installation problems. Is that right?

Are you on a laptop, by any chance? It could be that your monitor resolution is not enough to accommodate the interfaces. There is a minimum resolution this program requires to display correctly.

What resolution is your monitor set for?

Try temporarily increasing the monitor's resolution. You should then be able to grab the top of the panel and move it down to the center of your screen.

If that doesn't work, please post a screen capture of your screen showing this panel off-screen so that we can see what's going on.

• 3. Re: I cannot install Premier Elements 10 on a Mac.
              cablvr Level 1

Correct - installation is not the issue.

I am on an iMac (although not at the moment) - display is set for max resolution. I will send a screen shot.

• 4. Re: I cannot install Premier Elements 10 on a Mac.
                cablvr Level 1

Here is a screen shot:

Screen Shot 2012-07-30 at 13.00.52 PM.png

• 5. Re: I cannot install Premier Elements 10 on a Mac.
                  RobCassMac001

It is simple to fix as long as you follow this exactly. I had the same issue with Organizer (version 10) on my MacBook Pro as you (Mountain Lion). I seems to be a OSx issue when a second monitor is attached at anytime and then disconnected.

1) If you have more than one display connected to your mac, disconnect all external displays.

2) Launch Organizer (So it is like your screen shot above). This is so you can see it fix as you go through the steps.

3) Go to Apple menu at the upper-left corner of the screen. Then click System Preferences

4) Click on Displays

5) Select a different screen resolution then what it is currently set to (try 800 x 600). Mine was originally set to something like 'Stretched'. At this point you should see the Organizer window fit to screen with the top Organizer buttons visible.

6) Set the resolution back to what it was before and confirm that you can still see the entire Organizer window.

7) This next few steps are very important. Close Organizer.

8) Relaunch Organizer to confirm that it is still correctly displayed.

9) Close Organizer.

10) Restart your Mac.

11) Launch Organizer and you should be fine now.