1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 26, 2012 11:38 PM by Willam van Weelden

RH Automatically Changing HTML Code for Links

LaKisha1 Level 1

For some reason, RH is doing something to the links I create. In my stylesheet, I have the following code for links:

a {

color: #054abc;

cursor: pointer;

}

a:hover {

color: #336699;

text-decoration: none;

}

a:active {

color: #333333;

}

When I create a link, the HTML code looks like this *at first*:

<a href="Development_Plan.htm">Development Plan</a>

But then, after I save the file and switch to HTML view, the code looks like this:

<a href=" Development_Plan.htm" style="color: #0000ff; text-decoration: underline; ">Transcript</a>

I am not doing anything other than saving the file, and that apparently causes RH to automatically add the style (color and text-decoration). Why is RH adding that? It's causing my links not to change color when you hover over them.

How can I make RH stop doing that, so my links display as defined in the stylesheet?

• 1. Re: RH Automatically Changing HTML Code for Links
          Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

This is strange behaviour. How exactly do you create a hyperlink? I have seen this behaviour only with links that are empty or contain a single space.

As a workaround, in your css, add the !important declaration to your hover styles:

a:hover

Although this isn't an elegant solution, it will overwrite the inline styling of the link and thus change colour on hover.

Greet,

Willam