8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 9:19 AM by rx35285 RSS

Delete function

pgh77

Once I open documents in Adobe Reader on my iPad and they are included in my document library, how do I delete them?

• 1. Re: Delete function
          Dennis Griffin (Adobe) Employee Hosts

If you tap the "edit" button in the top-right of the window when in Documents view, you will be able to select documents to Delete, Rename, Duplicate, and Move into folders.

• 2. Re: Delete function
            pgh77 Community Member

Thank you for the response.  I get as far as tapping edit and selecting the file, then how do I get to the menu to allow me to Delete, Rename, Duplicate and Move?

Pat

• 3. Re: Delete function
              Dennis Griffin (Adobe) Employee Hosts

Once you choose Edit, there should be icons that appear at the top of the document list for each of these functions. They will be greyed out if the function doesn't make sense for the current selection.

The icons are

Folder with + Sign : Create a Folder, only active if there are no documents selected

Two Documents : Duplicate Selected Documents, only active if there are 1 or more documents selected

Folder with -> : Move to folder, only available if there are 1 or more documents selected

Box with Text Cursor and ... : Rename, only available if there is 1 document selected

Trashcan : Delete, only available if there are 1 or more documents selected

• 4. Re: Delete function
                pgh77 Community Member

I guess that is my problem.  The header continues to show Documents in the middle and the edit button remains visible on the right.  I do not get any additional icons.

• 5. Re: Delete function
                  rx35285

I select 4 doc's and then the edit button.  The doc's uncheck and nothing else happens. What's up with that?   Thanks!

• 6. Re: Delete function
                    Steve Werner CommunityMVP

If you don't see the correct buttons, there are two things you can do:

(1) RELOAD THE APP:  Click the Home button. Double-click the Home button to view recent apps. Press and hold on the Adobe Reader app to view a delete (red minus sign). Click on the app, and it quits. Click the Home button and relaunch Reader.

(2) RESET YOUR IPAD/IPHONE: Click the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time. Keep them down past the Slide to Power Off message until you see the Apple logo. Let it come up and relaunch Reader.

• 7. Re: Delete function
                      Derek J. S.

If you want to delete a single document, don't bother using the edit menu.  Just put your finger on the document in the "Documents" section and swipe to the right.  This should bring up a delete button for that document.

• 8. Re: Delete function
                        rx35285 Community Member

Thanks a lot!  I didn't know about the app reload feature and it worked.

dw