1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 26, 2012 2:43 PM by Noel Carboni

Selecting Color Triggers F1 Key in PS CS4

celuloyd Level 1

I've never seen anything like this in 20 years of using Photoshop, so I'm not holding out much hope for an answer, but you never know...

This problem happens when I am using a brush and try to select a foreground color by clicking on the "Set Foreground Color" in the toolbox. The "Color Picker" appears, I choose a color, click "OK," and then a never-ending number of Firefox windows begins to open with the Photoshop help page (as if I repeatedly pressed the F1 key extremely quickly). I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del and quit Firefox or the opening of windows won't stop.

This doesn't happen every time I use the color picker to select a foreground color, but whenever it happens, that's what I'm doing.

I'm using Windows XP Pro x64 with 6GB RAM, Photoshop CS4, and a Wacom PTZ-631W tablet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lloyd

P.S. It has nothing to do with the Wacom tablet because I just found out that it's happening to another person in the department and he doesn't have a tablet. Also, I just found out that this has been happeining for about 5 years, before we upgraded to 64-bit XP Pro and before CS4. Now I'm wondering if the company has some sort of keystroke tracker that's interfering.