4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2013 11:27 AM by ctwplyp

How can i get email address from userid in cq 5.5

efish11 Level 1

How can i get email address from the userid/Authorizable as in CQ 5.5 Profile class is Deprecated

Environment CQ 5.5, Linux

• 1. Re: How can i get email address from userid in cq 5.5
          hypnotec Adobe Employee

use com.adobe.granite.security.user.UserProperties instead. e.g.

UserProperties u = resourceResolver.adaptTo(UserProperties.class);

String email = u.getProperty(UserProperties.EMAIL);

• 2. Re: How can i get email address from userid in cq 5.5
            ctwplyp

This answer sends you down a frustrating dead end.  I ended up using node logic to get through this.  The com.adobe.granite.security.user.UserProperties library is not fully implemented and does not allow you to get the user properties.  Instead, you are going to get null pointers when you try to build them. If I am wrong, please send me a fully implemented code usage with UserManager to Authorizable to UserProperties.

• 3. Re: How can i get email address from userid in cq 5.5
              maruthid Level 1

If I am not wrong UserManager is deprecated in 5.5.

Some thing like this you can try

String userId = adminSession.getUserID();

UserManager userManager = factory.createUserManager(adminSession);

Authorizable user = userManager.get(userId);

userName = user.getName();

• 4. Re: How can i get email address from userid in cq 5.5
                ctwplyp Level 1

That is deprecated code.  The whole point was to stop using the deprecated code.