Which version of CS5?
What quad core CPU's?
What disk setup?
What driver version for the Quadro 4000?
How optimized for best performance?
Indexing and compression turned off, Aero turned off, MSN and Sidebar removed, anti-whatever turned off, iTunes and similar crap removed, unneeded processes turned to manual like mDNSResponder, jusched, etc.?
Thanks for your quick reply!
This is not my computer here (and it is not in my company).
This computer is connected to an intranet and to the internet.
So AntiVirus, Firewall etc. is activ...
Premiere Pro Version:
- Version 5.0.3 (005(MC: 218798))
("Adobe Premiere Pro v5.0, Scully")
- System C: SSD 250 gb
- Data D: 2 tb (one disc, internal, no raid)
- 2 Intel Xeon Quadcore @2.40GHz
- YES: Indexing and compression turned off (both discs)
- YES: Aero turned off (win classic, no sounds)
- YES: MSN and Sidebar removed
- NO: anti-whatever turned off
- NO: iTunes (they say they need it...)
- MOSTLY: similar crap removed
- SOME: unneeded processes turned to manual (like mDNSResponder, jusched, etc.)
from the nVidia driver download site:
>Partner Certified Drivers
- Supported OS: Win7 64,Vista 64
- Supported Graphics Cards: Quadro 5000, 4000, 2000, 600
- OEM: HP Z200, HP Z400, HP Z600, HP Z800
Could you confirm this?
btw the computer is a (modified!) Dell Precision T5500
The Dell T5500 was helpful. You have dual E5620 Xeons.
The video driver is way outdated, update to 297.03.
The CPU's are pretty slow, which is not helpful with only two SATA disks. Add a couple of disks to spread the load more. Is your pagefile static and what size on which disk?
yes, I'm in the middle of updateing the nVidia driver.
In addition I'll inslall the "Mercury Transmit Tool" from the nVidia site.
.. good idea??
I've set the pagefile -static- to 36859 mb on disk C:
The "NVIDIA quadro sdi mercury transmit plugin" is only for the SDI cards, for the SDI outputs - which I do not have here.
AND it's for CS6.
So it makes no sense to install this plugin, right?