3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2012 8:04 PM by josephs51576386

Premiere Elements project imported into Premiere Pro CS5.5 becomes unusable after first save

jazzer1625

I have Premiere Pro CS5.5, and I have been trying for some time to successfuly edit an old project that was originally created in Premiere Elements (not sure which version--probably 7.0). It has the .prel extension. The project imports just fine, and I am able to edit it initially. However, if I save my new Premiere Pro project, close Pr and try to open the new project again, I get the "The project could not be loaded, it may be damaged or contain outdated elements." error message. I have tried many of the various project recovery suggestions people have made in this forum and elsewhere online, but none of them seem to work. I even opened the project in XML Wrench, but there were no errors returned when I clicked "check is well formed." Once I close the project after doing some initial editing, it is gone. Is this a known issue? Is there any way I can be able to edit the old project in Pr and save my work? Thanks!