Now that I'm done editing my files in Lightroom, do I save them? What now?
Once you have completed your adjustments in the Develop module, it is time to share your work with everyone. There are several ways to do this and one of the broadest is to share over the internet.You can share to your web page, a social media site, or simply through email.
- Share Images Online (Video, 13:44) from Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 with Julieanne Kost
- Overview of the output modules (Video, 4:03) [Skip ahead to 1:33] from Learn Lightroom 2 Basics with Matt Kloskowski.
What does Lightroom's Web module do and how do I use it?
With the Web module you can create image galleries which can be uploaded to your website. The customizable pages are perfect for online portfolios and contact sheets to share your work with your audience or clients. Web module panels and tools gives a brief overview of what you'll find when you enter the module. Once you have selected the images you want to upload, you can specify web gallery layouts to start working based upon an existing template and then adjust it to your liking. If you like the adjustments you've made, then you can create custom web gallery templates. You can even save web settings as a web collection. Once you have setup what you want, you'll preview, export, and upload web photo galleries. Having set up your connect to your website, you can create and manage FTP presets.
- Posting a Web Photo Gallery to Your Website (Video, 5:07) from Learn Lightroom 4 with Tim Grey.
- Share Images on the Web from Lightroom 3 with Julieanne Kost.
- Output (Video, 22:07) [Skip ahead to 18:50] from Lightroom 2 What's New with Julianne Kost.
- Web Module (Video, 8:40) from Learn Lightroom 2 Basics with Matt Kloskowski.
How can I share my photos over social media?
You can send your images to your friends, family, and fans who follow you through various social media site using Lightroom's Publish Services. Lightroom comes with the ability to upload your images directly to Adobe Revel, Facebook, and Flickr. You can also download plug-ins that will allow you to publish to other sites as well. Some can be picked up at Adobe Exchange, others can be downloaded from the host website itself.
- Uploading photos to Facebook and Flickr (Video, 6:16) from Learn Lightroom 4 with Chris Orwig.
- Publishing Photos to Facebook (Video, 10:05) from Creative Suite Podcast for Photographers with Terry White.
- Export Photos to Flickr (Video, 5:40) from Learn Lightroom 3 with Matt Kloskowski.
- Use the Publish Services Feature to keep track of the imagesyou send to clients or postin your Flickr photostream (Video, 14:50) [Skip ahead to 11:14] from The Complete Picture with Julieanne Kost.
- How to use Smart Collections with Publish Services in Lightroom 3 (Video, 7:34) from the Creative Suite Podcast for Photographers with Terry White.
Can I simply email my photos?
Yes, you can email photos from Lightroom.
- Emailing photographs from Photoshop Lightroom (Video, 5:42) from Learn Lightroom 4 with Chris Orwig.
What if I am having trouble when attempting to send files to the web?
Check out these troubleshooting and solutions documents: