Which operating system?
I've got a similar problem in Mac OS 10.7.4; When I open DW CS6 the application starts trying to build the sitemaps for the sites it ported over from DW CS5.5; It never finishes though and I have to force quit the application. I keep checking for updates and in the meantime I'm still using DW 5.5; Does anyone else have a similar problem?
I'll revise my previous statement. CS6 eventually pulled out of it's unresponsive state. It required leaving the application open for about 30 minutes while it rebuilt the sitemaps while the OS reported the application as "not responding".
Mine still doesn't open. It doesn't even start to open. It get's a little dot under it, like it's open, but the dot is only there for 2 seconds, and then nothing.
In case you are getting Application crash report, please forward the same to me at yprasad_@_adobe_._com, we can check on what might be causing the crash.
If there is no crash but the Application is not launching, please provide the following information:
1. What is the System OS Version, Dreamweaver Version and Build(Available in About Dreamweaver window)
2. What is the Gatekeeper setting in System Preferences if the OS is OSX 10.8: (System Preferences->Security & Privacy->General->Allow applications downloaded from)
3. Is the issue occurring after any recent change to the system(OS Upgrade) or Dreamweaver(patch/update installation) or any 3rd party extension installation.
Please try with the following 2 options and let me know if the issue is still reproducible:
1. Install the latest Dreamweaver CS6 update: http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2012/07/dreamweaver-cs6-update-12-0-1.html
2. Delete user preferences in the following location:
Mac: /Users/<User_Home_Dir>Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS6/
Windows: %AppData%\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS6\
Yalpi Shiva Prasad
Adobe Dreamweaver Team