10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2012 1:37 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Warp pattern about a central point - advanced transforming?

southernsealights

Hi there!

My name is David and I am having some trouble with a rather difficult distort, it may not even be possible but I thought that if anyone could help me it would be you, the wonderful people of Adobe forums.

Basically I am trying to warp a pattern about it's centre point, in a radial manor (the pattern file is obviously square in photoshop). If you imagine the pattern on a planar surface, the warp that I am trying to achieve is as if one were to grab the central point of the surface and pull it directly away from the face - see image below for visual aid...

warpexample.jpg

I'm trying to achieve a pattern that is a flat file, but looks like you are looking directly at the end of a pointy end of a cone that used to be a flat surface with the pattern on it.

I've attached a link to a pattern file here - http://tinypic.com/r/2iu5mo0/6

I know this is a bit of an obscure warp but I would be very grateful if one of you gurus of photoshop could help me out! If you have any questions please just shout!

Many thanks,

David.

edit - Sorry I should probably mention I'm running CS5.5 on Windows 7.