5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2008 9:45 AM by kglad

Stream sound and MovieClip loader

Simple question for experienced Actionscripters:
      I have a moviclip (pics_mc) with a long amount of pics transitions which have to be synced with an mp3 sound located in separated layer in the maintimeline.

This swf file, when published, it's going to be loaded into my main Flash app via MovieClipLoader (in order to download it ENTIRELY before playing it).
      Question is:
      If I set my MP3 song in (pics_mc) as Stream in the property panel (instead of event), will the size of the Mp3 be included in the totalBytes in the onProgress Listener of the MovieclipLoader that loads the swf? or, on the contrary, as It is a streaming sound the totalBytes include everything, but the streaming sounds?

Thanks in advance to everybody for your replies :)
        • 1. Re: Stream sound and MovieClip loader
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          no and correct (for the most part).
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Stream sound and MovieClip loader
            Sorry Kglad, didn't understand your answer very well :(
            You mean MP3 does NOT appear in totalBytes?
            • 3. Re: Stream sound and MovieClip loader
              If I set my MP3 song in (pics_mc) as Stream in the property panel (instead of event), will the size of the Mp3 be included in the totalBytes in the onProgress Listener of the MovieclipLoader that loads the swf?

answer: no

or, on the contrary, as It is a streaming sound the totalBytes include everything, but the streaming sounds?

answer: yes, for the most part. there will also be the amount of sound that's buffered, so the totalBytes will be somewhat greater than everything but the streaming sounds but nowhere near as great as the entire mp3(s).
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Stream sound and MovieClip loader
                Thanks for your answers again :)
                I tested and you're right.
                The problem I had is that I need the sound to be Stream in order to perfect sync with timeline animation. But this Mp3 and animation is loaded from outside...so I was interested in that my swf preloader showed up the real amount of bytes (including sound). But I found a Solution: in right-click properties of the mp3 Check Export for Actionscript (even if you don't use AS to attach) and then Check in : Export in First Frame.

I published again de swf and finally I got an swf with stream sound which is as large as MP3 + animation :)
                • 5. Re: Stream sound and MovieClip loader
                  you're welcome.