6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 2:54 PM by Omke Oudeman RSS

Bridge CS6 crashing on output

Matbathome Community Member

Here is the error I am getting everytime I switch to "Output" in Bridge CS6:

TypeError: undefined is not an object:

onResizeO

buildUIStack(true, "Cabinet")

buildUIStack(JTabbedPalette:[object

TabbedP alette II. true, 'Cabinet')

switch T o([T abbed Palette: [object

Tabbed Palette]],[G roup: [object Grou p]],true)

AmgOesignWindow([TabbedPale tte:[object

TabbedPalette]J.[Group:[object Grou p]],true)

populate([Grou p: [object Group]], true)

When I try to create a pdf, it gives me the error: Out of memory. I have a ton of memory on my machine, so that's not an issue.

• 1. Re: Bridge CS6 crashing on output
          Curt Y Community Member

How is the cache and other disk space?  Out of memory is kind of generic and does not mean just RAM.

• 2. Re: Bridge CS6 crashing on output
            Matbathome Community Member

I have 900 gig available. Cache in Bridge is set to 30,000, I think? I can't tell, because it doesn't say what the exact number is. It's above the smallest size of 10,000. I've reset everything in Bridge (started with "option" held down, purged everything). I did the reset after I had the problem, and I'm still having the problem. I did call Adobe and asked them if I could just download Bridge CS6 and reinstall, but they couldn't figure out how to do that.

• 3. Re: Bridge CS6 crashing on output
              jnwbr Community Member

I've been getting the "undefined is not an object" when making a PDF from a group of jpg files. I tried to do a large number of them at once and got the error so I broke the group down into smaller chunks. That worked out fine but when doing one chunk I get the error. So there must be an problem with one of the files I guess. Unfortunately the error box doesn't say anything else. Pretty helpful.

• 4. Re: Bridge CS6 crashing on output
                Omke Oudeman Community Member

Unfortunately the error box doesn't say anything else. Pretty helpful.

Thats almost always for every app the case I'm afraid. The quickest way is to divide the group with the files containing the problem in half, and again and again until you finally end up with the problem file (if it is one...)

Also a look at the previews or open the lot in PS might share some light.

And just out of curiosity, what large numbers are you talking about and how have you set the settings for the Output Module?

• 5. Re: Bridge CS6 crashing on output
                  jnwbr Community Member

I'm doing contact sheets of about 8800 smallish jpgs. 36 images per page/150 ppi.

I thought I had it narrowed it down to 1 jpg file which was at about the 5500 mark. But trying what I had already OKd still resulted in an error. Too frustrating and time wasting to continue.

• 6. Re: Bridge CS6 crashing on output
                    Omke Oudeman Community Member

Too frustrating and time wasting to continue.

I can imagine that myself

On the other hand, 8800 is indeed a large number and Bridge is not known for multitasking and can be very critical in processor needs. It might be just a bit to much for one go, building all that thumbs and creating PDF etc. etc.