3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2012 10:03 AM by Noel Carboni

File Size Problem

toshuu8

I got a picture of 4kb, and used photoshop(cs4) to paint white all,so it changed to white rectangle, then saved it.

that's for web site logos, so it must keep the picture size same as original (ex, 70px * 50px).

The problem I have was, the saved picture(with png, jpeg, gif, or any format)  has a size of over 40k bite.

This is rediculous, so, please tell me how to make the file size at most the original size, i.e. 4kb by using Photoshop, if it is possible.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: File Size Problem
          Noel Carboni Level 8

If you're trying to minimize the size of a JPEG consider using File - Save for Web and disabling the writing of all Metadata.  You could also instruct Photoshop to save the image without an embedded color profile for some additional savings.

But you might want to consider saving instead as a PNG file, which would get you an even smaller file size.  I was able to save a pure white PNG-24 file with 600 x 400 pixels that takes 1,324 bytes.

-Noel

• 2. Re: File Size Problem
            toshuu8 Level 1

Hi Noel.

I didn't see how to disable the writing of Metadata and embedded color profile, but I could manage to save it with 141byte(for png) and 551byte(for jpeg) using web save function.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: File Size Problem
              Noel Carboni Level 8

toshuu8 wrote:

I didn't see how to disable the writing of Metadata and embedded color profile

Untitled-1.png

You're welcome. 

-Noel