2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2012 2:34 PM by ECBowen

The best render preset for game footage?

DanielFilming Level 1

I've only ever used DSLR 1080p24 for editing because i shoot with a dslr but I wanted to try and edit some game footage captured at 60fps with fraps and I was wondering wich preset I should use for that? Also, wich render settings?

• 1. Re: The best render preset for game footage?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

This ARTICLE has several links to threads, and articles on working with Camtasia, CamStudio and FRAPS footage. Some of it is probably a bit old now, but I would pay attention to the Replies and comments from Jeff Bellune, as he uses Camtasia (a similar, though different) video screen-cap program.

Not sure that he's used FRAPS, or even experimented with it, but his material on Camtasia, might be useful.

Hope that a heavy-duty FRAPS editor will also weigh in with specifics, and especially for the most recent versions of PrPro.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: The best render preset for game footage?
            ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

As long as you captured the screen in 1080 and the codec is standard then any of the 1080P 30 frame or 1080P 60 frame presets should work. The only time I have seen issues with the screen capture material is when someone captures material in non-standard resolutions with a codec that is also not standard to editors. This happens far more often with Camtasia than Fraps.

Eric

ADK