7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2014 1:42 AM by Daniel Sinor RSS

Modal Popup Window

Rory_M Community Member

I'm trying to get a simple modal popup window working via the Arbitrary HTML facility in Muse but am having problems.

I've tried this one http://www.ericmmartin.com/projects/simplemodal-demos/ and this one http://www.html-form-guide.com/contact-form/simple-modal-popup-contact-form.html without any luck.

Has anyone else had any success? Is there chance of a widget to do this?

• 1. Re: Modal Popup Window
          Cristian Radu. Adobe Employee

Hi Rory_M,

I'm not sure how you host your Muse project but if you host it with BC then these solutions won't work because BC is not allowing you to run server side code. If you host it on your own web server then you should run PHP, and just make sure that you put in the "Insert HTML..." function what it needs to render the forms and to function.

I hope this help,

Cristian

• 2. Re: Modal Popup Window
            Rory_M Community Member

Thanks for your response Cristian. We're not using BC because we need to run server side code on other areas of our site, so we are hosting the site ourselves. PHP is enabled on our hosting. I have spent quite a bit of time trying to get both of those modal solutions working within Muse and was hoping someone more knowledgeable than I am with HTML/CSS/PHP could have a look and see if they could get it working. Modal popups are kind of a big deal after all.

• 3. Re: Modal Popup Window
              SMack Community Member

I have worked out how to set up a modal popup within Muse the only gripe I have is the trigers have an active state so when the site is live there always has to be one trigger that is active even though the modal popup isn't actually active. As you can see in the image below I have a rollover state on the 3 boxes so when you rollover the colour overlay dissapears, but because the active state is always on on the trigger it isn't behaving the way I want it to. Is there a way around this? I have also tried to set the trigger to no fill and place it on top of a seperate container but when I do this the rollover state doesn't work at all.

Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 12.34.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 12.38.43 PM.png

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

• 4. Re: Modal Popup Window
                Sachin Hasija Employee Hosts

Hello,

Did you use the composition>Lighbox widget to achieve this in Muse?

If yes, then check theoption that says "Hide All  initially" and it should work fine.

hideall.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sachin

• 5. Re: Modal Popup Window
                  SMack Community Member

Wow great thank you so much this worked a treat. Now I'm guessing once you've clicked on the triggers whichever image is the last one you've viewed that will remain active after you close the Modal Popup? Is there a way around this so all of the triggers remain inactive at all times?

• 6. Re: Modal Popup Window
                    Rodrigo Propositto

Hi,

I've got the latest version of Muse, and I can't find this "Hide All  initially"...

I want to trigger the lightbox with a button I did in Photoshop, and I having a hard time, because it seems the thumbnails are always showing.

How can I do it, can you help me?

Thx!

• 7. Re: Modal Popup Window
                      Daniel Sinor

The "Hide All Initially" is only shown when you are using the "Lightbox Display" Widget from within the "Compositions" folder. As you can see in the images below, there are two types of Lightboxes; One in the Slideshows" folder, and the other in the Compositions" folder. Hope this helps.

Dan

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 1.36.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-22 at 1.40.35 AM.png