2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2012 12:39 PM by clytus

Can't print from InDesign CS5 under Mountain Lion

clytus

After installing MacOS 10.8 InDesign crashes when I try to open the printer configuration in the printing menu. Acrobat crashes immediately when I want to open the print menu. Photoshop prints fine and PDF export in ID also works as well as printing without changing the former printing  settings.

In an older discussion I found the hint to delete some language folders in the PPD ressources folder to solve the same problem in CS3 and 4 with Lion. I tried that to but it won't work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Can't print from InDesign CS5 under Mountain Lion
          rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

as well as printing without changing the former printing  settings.

If changing the print settings crashes ID I wonder if you need to delete and reinstall your printers? Testing CS3 I wasn't able to even open the Print dialog without crashing, so  deleteing the foriegn language PPDs worked

By default Mountain Lion hides the user Library (you can't see user/Library/Printers). You can get to it via Go>Go to Folder and typing ~/Library

• 2. Re: Can't print from InDesign CS5 under Mountain Lion
            clytus Level 1

Thanks, but

that happens on my MacPro first. Trying to print my jobs on my MacBook Pro I had to install the printer first. Although the printer is freshly installed and the foreign language PPDs has been deleted, it won't change a thing.