I have checked everything...
Here is a suggested list and I checked all of them.... nothing is set incorrectly.
Make sure you are on a pixel Layer and it is not locked (any of the locks)
- Make sure the Blend mode of Layer is Normal
- Make sure you have no Layer Styles turned on
- Make sure Layer and Fill Opacity of Layer is set to 100%
- Make sure you do not have a Layer Mask on that Layer
- Make sure that Layer does not have a Vector Mask on that Laye
- Make sure you don't have a hidden selection turned on by typing Cmd+D (Ctrl+D for PC)
- Make sure the blending mode of the brush is set to Normal
I tried the pencil tool and it was black, but when I went to save it, it turned pale gray.
This is really baffling and I need to sign this document. Also I am using CS4...
You're brilliant!!! That did it. The brush now brushes in black. How did you know to do that? What do you think was wrong. Boy, I will never forget that little tidbit.
Thank you so much!!!
A lucky guess! There are so many controls in the Brush Tool settings that it seemed easiest to do a complete reset of the tool.
Nah, you're brilliant.
Not only brilliant, but very sweet... thank you.