10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2012 7:09 AM by Kochichack

Pr crashes after handling of Ps file CS6

Kochichack

Symptoms:

1) after adjusting of any kind, like trimming or ease in or out, canvas flashes a white frame and then the whole system freezes. I usually have to wait before being able to even move the cursor, I have to force quit or quit then the crash report follows.

2) adjusting of any kind to Ps file in sequence, after I press play a black frame flashes, canvas goes black but sequence keeps playing, can hear the sound but no video. Unable to stop playback, have to wait like a minute or more, then stop playback, can't see anything in the canvas, have quit Pr then crash report.

3) Editing Ps file in Ps, I've have notice that if I keep Ps open when round tripping Pr crashes with one of the above symptoms.

It is happening more often as I'm trying to finish a doc and I'm working with a lot of pictures. Nothing crazy, I usually create a Ps file in Pr then add the picture in Ps using mini bridge, work it then save it, thats it. Maybe 2 adjustment layers, hue and curves.

I uninstalled cs6, then installed it again, mayor issues with the installing, had to do the trial, couldn't get it to work.

I'm running CS6, with i7 processor, Raid 5 and a 285 nvidia card in Lion.

Thanks.