5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2014 2:20 AM by PeeVeeR RSS

Using the Korg nanoKontrol2 with Audition Cs6

keithandrewturner

Hi all,

I've been searching all day, but I've found little that references my question.

Can the Korg nanoKontrol2 be used with cs6? I saw something a while back about it having a learn fuction that allowed it to be used here, but I can find it again...

Thanks,

Keith Turner

• 1. Re: Using the Korg nanoKontrol2 with Audition Cs6
          SteveG(AudioMasters) Community Member

If it can speak the original Mackie control protocol, then yes. If it can't, then no. As far as I'm aware Audition doesn't speak HUI though, just the original spec.

• 2. Re: Using the Korg nanoKontrol2 with Audition Cs6
            _durin_ Adobe Employee

Hi Keith,

I don't think we have one of these in the office, but from what I've read online it boots up in Mackie Emulation mode by holding SET + REC while you plug it in or turn it on.  Once in Mackie mode, Audition should be able to see it and use it.  Go to Preferences > Control Surface, select "Mackie" as the Device Class and you should be able to Configure the device.

• 3. Re: Using the Korg nanoKontrol2 with Audition Cs6
              keithandrewturner Community Member

This worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your help!

-Keith

• 4. Re: Using the Korg nanoKontrol2 with Audition Cs6
                PeeVeeR Community Member

Hi Keith and all watchers,

Am I right in thinking that you remain successful with multitrack control of CS6 using the Korg NanoKontrol2 panel - once you'd done the start-up mode fix into MCU?

Any crash situations?  Do the transport buttons work in (or near) 'real time'! lol and are the solo and mute buttons assignable to those buttons beside each NanoKontrol fader?

I'll order one pdq if you can confirm!  I don't need fully-interactive faders enough to shell out on an aging Mackie MCU!  I'm assuming that the hardware status of the panels fader positions is

tallied on the GUI too?

Cheers,

Pete.

• 5. Re: Using the Korg nanoKontrol2 with Audition Cs6
                  PeeVeeR Community Member

Now a month on, I have the KORG nanoKONTROL2 and it supports nearly* all the features on its UI perfectly in AA CS6 in Win7.  Booting-up the panel in 'Live!' mode on first use (instructions in the manual), makes it 'talk turkey' thereafter on subsequent reboots.  The panel isn't the most amazing tactile experience, but I'm happy to trade a few missing detents for its really compact aspect.  I sit it on the apron of the desk - before the keyboard - and there's plenty of room to work with both.  At less than 40 (Sterling) it's a really low cost way of getting 7 channels (plus the AA metronome level adjust) at one time.  Clearly, you can page-switch to more groups of 8 multi-track channels using the track bank buttons on the KORG panel. 

The only consideration over panels with motorised faders (or shaft encoder loaded panels with LED rings) is that this must be the primary controller and so the AA GUI status is not echoed in the physical panel;  i.e. if you do adjust the controls using the GUI, they will jump to the physical position on the KORG panel only if that panel control is altered.  For me that's no issue as the GUI is pretty much unusable for me!  Hence my need for a remote panel.

At this level of spend, it's a 'no brainer'!  Give it a go!

Cheers,

Pete.

PS * ...nearly all the features, except there is a problem with the 'Markers' controls on the KORG being interpreted in AA.  The 'left arrow' marker direction key appears to set markers, but the 'set' and 'right arrow' direction key seem disabled....?

PPS ....but is anything ever perfect? :-(