2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 8:13 AM by kerryleelewis

Premiere Pro CS6 Uncompressed AVI Import Problem

kerryleelewis

Good day,

I am having difficulty with importing some footage into Premiere Pro (6.0.1). I have an Avertv HD DVR capture card, and capture in uncompressed avi (YUY2). Premiere Pro has no trouble importing 480i or 1080i captured footage, but when I capture in 720p (60 fps), if the file is longer than 7 minutes, Premiere Pro will only import the first 45 secs or so of the file. The whole file will play fine in Windows Media Player and VLC. I have tried capturing from the card both in the software which came with it (Avermedia Center) and Virtualdub, and have the same problem when trying to import it.

I am having a variation of this problem with Virtualdub captured 720p footage. A 2-3 minute file will import into Premiere Pro just fine, but a 5-6 minute file will import into Premiere Pro with the full length of the program (audio is fine), but the video is black (the file does not seem to import as an audio only file, there is a video ‘line’ in the timeline).

I have attached a GSpot analysis of one of the longer than 7 minute AVI files.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.Gspot 720p AVI.jpg

These are my computer specs:

Processor: Intel i7-3770 Ivy Bridge

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P LGA 1155 Intel Z68

Videocard: SAPPHIRE FleX 100314FLEX Radeon HD 6870

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Memory: 16 GBs RAM

Videostorage: RAID 0 w/ RSV-S4-6G RocketRAID 622 PCI-E 2.0 Raid Controller

Mercury Engine Acceleration is on